Welcome all to our bright and fresh 2015! As with any New Year, many of us boldly announce our strategy of change that will somehow miraculously cure what's ailing. Whether it be tackling a new fitness regime, financial goal, or personal relationship strengthening, we all have something simmering below the surface that just needs tweaking. Nothing like the turn of a calendar page to light the fire. So, here is our list, 'Real Estate Style':
1. Reach Financial Goals - Take a good, hard look at your cost of living expenses and be honest on where you might be able to cut back. If there are two of you earning an income, is there any way you can live off one income to save one income.
2. Cut up Credit Cards - What credit cards do you actually need? If you are simply spreading around your debt load, concentrate on refining and consolidating debt. Pay off debt with the highest interest rate.
3. Clean out your closets and storage areas and donate unwanted items to charity - The simple act of purging offers freedom and sets boundaries. How much do we really need
4. Take daily steps toward achieving a longer term goal - Change doesn't happen overnight, so, why do we expect major, positive outcomes from essentially doing the same thing year after year. Change can be achieved by taking small, bite sized chunks out of a larger goal.
5. Pay it Forward - Okay, this isn't so much about real estate, but, it is a feel good exercise for just about everyone. The coolest thing is you can be creative every single day! Bring your neighbour's garbage cans up from the curb. Shovel the single Mom's driveway. Bake an extra loaf of banana bread and drop to your elderly neighbour. Random acts of kindness do wonders to change us!
Wishing you all a happy, healthy, 2015! Enjoy your journey...