|10 Biggest Selling Mistakes|
1. Wrong Price - Typically, when a listing price is more than 5% over market value, buyers are scared away.
2. As-Is Condition - Buyers who are willing to tackle your repairs automatically subtract the cost of needed fix-ups from the asking price.
3. No Curb Appeal - Your house gets only one chance to make a good first impression. Spruce up the view from the street.
4. Dreary Appearance - Elbow grease costs little but your time. Clean each room from top to bottom.
5. Lavishly Over-Improving – Don’t undertake a major project without consulting a realtor first. You may spend more money than you can recover from the sale.
6. FSBO - For Sale By Owner - for some it works, for many, it can be a nightmare
7. Always be Underfoot – Leave your house when it is being shown
8. Don’t be too restrictive - Ensure your home is available to be shown. If you’re too restrictive, buyers will buy elsewhere.
9. Keep Positive - No-one wins if you enter the market with boxing gloves on; approach selling with an open frame of mind. After all, the optimum is a sale.
10. Respond to a Buyer’s offer - Reply immediately to an offer. You don’t want to lose a sale by stalling.